Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A quilt for Mr. Farmer

After 27 years of marriage and numerous quilts, I realized I have never made a quilt for my husband. So I immediately went to work on a quilt. I made this last September for Mr. Farmer's 50th birthday. And since I had challenged myself to use my stash and no new fabric purchases in 2010... I gathered my collection of plaids and a manly cowboy print as my focal fabric. The pattern is called Feed Sacks from the book 'Scrap-basket Surprises' by Kim Brackett. This quilt came together quickly and I had it sandwiched and ready to machine quilt in a matter of days.

Mr. Farmer likes his quilt. I witnessed him wrapped up in the layers this past winter. And the cats enjoy napping on this quilt. Not to sure if I like kitty fur on a quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment