Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bedroom before and after

before
after
after
This is my oldest daughter's bedroom in our 1942 farmhouse. Wild isn't it! As a gift for her sweet sixteen, I painted her walls and bought new bedding. (Did you see that!... I bought bedding. A quilter buying bedding! Just about broke my heart.) After college, when she officially moved out, I couldn't wait to open up a paint can and get to work. The room was converting into a guest room/ quilt storage room. I painted it a beautiful green color and moved our bedroom furniture in place. I like the new room. I am debating painting the oak furniture. I love painted furniture and I am tired of the oak color of wood. Maybe this summer, after harvest.
   This same daughter likes to sleep in this room when she is home as the bed mattress is a new memory foam type and it is VERY comfortable. And you can see, I have have not completed the window treatments. I am not sure what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment