Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Black Butte Ranch Quilt Show

I was asked to loan some of my finished quilts to the new Black Butte Ranch Quilt Show. The show is scheduled for the same weekend as the famous Sisters Quilt Show, July 9th. I pulled out a variety of quilts that I hope represent my work. All of them were machine quilted on Gene, the Machine... who is my new love.
This first quilt is called 'Nellie Jane' and is made of reproduction fabrics. I bought the pattern, by Carol Hopkins Designs. I quilted the top with fans. I love the 'old' look of this quilt.


The second quilt is from the book 'Vintage Journey' by Jo Morton. I used my stash of scraps for this top. I quilted this using a pantograph in the center and swags in the outer border.




The next quilt is from a book by Fig Tree Quilts, 'Hearth & Home Quilts.' I am very fond of basket quilts and I am liking turquoise, orange and yellow together.




The last quilt is a pattern from Primitive Pieces by Lynda called 'Auntie Bean's Stalks.' I took the pattern piece to a local glass shop, The Wright Brothers, and they cut a Plexiglas template for me. This made cutting the triangles a breeze!

Looking at these photos, it is obvious  I like scrap quilts. If you have the chance to visit the Sisters area for the quilt show, I hope you also visit Black Butte Ranch and see their display.

No comments:

Post a Comment