Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Time in the garden

I was blessed with two days in a row with decent weather and I worked my tail off! Mr. Farmer and I are hosting a wedding reception in 11 days and I wanted the yard to look its best. This spring, I removed almost all of the plants from this large bed, as I had weeds invading the perennials. I did leave the rose bushes, peony and a few other large plants. I stocked the bed with annuals and a pretty, purple trellis. This is what the bed looked like when I was done planting. I can't wait for the little guys to grow and flower. I know they won't be blooming for the wedding reception but it sure looks better than a weed patch.







This big boy was no help in the flower bed. Frank is a new addition to our animal family. He found us this past winter and he never left. He knows a good thing when he sees it. He really is not an outdoor kitty. He prefers to be inside...sleeping and eating. I have never witnessed him get excited at a bird or a bug. I am not really sure about Frank's story, but we like him and he likes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment