Thursday, May 26, 2011

A treasure from the greenhouse.

Mr. Farmer has an obsession with strawberries and growing them in the greenhouse. Never mind that we have a two acre field outside our door. He wants fruit earlier! So, we have three- 5 gallon buckets with strawberry plants and a handful of ripe fruit. I picked these today for a snack. I did share a couple with Mr. Farmer and one of our employees. And the rest... well, I ate them and they were very good. Like a taste of summer.

Tomorrow, we will be planting peppers, cukes and flowers in our hoop house. And the tomatoes we planted weeks ago are starting to bloom. I am glad we put in the hoop house. It is pleasant to work under cover and out of the rain. I even used the space to paint a  plant trellis. Hey, it was warm and dry inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment