Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Garden before and after plus a huge tomato

May 2011
today
today
I was out in my garden today and I thought I would update the progress of my little annual patch I planted. As you can see in the May photo, not much is there. The flowers were struggling to grow in our cold spring. But summer is here now and the flower bed is bursting with color.

1 1/2 pound tomato
Next up is my HUGE tomato. This one is going onto my plate tonight. I will share this with Mr. Farmer in a caprese salad. I love this time of year. Our meals are so local... lettuce, pea pods, beans, cukes, tomatoes, herbs, berries, cherries. Tomorrow I am going to Castle Rock to pick up the butchered hog Mr. Farmer bought at the 4H livestock auction. Yeah! He also purchased chickens and a turkey. Mr. Farmer wants me to fix the turkey for a meal during the wheat harvest. Yummy! Turkey and all the fixin's.

No comments:

Post a Comment